Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Oh where do I begin?

How about with a thank you to kexp for just now playing great music for settling me down.
Thanks.
But seriously my thoughts and feelings have been all over the place lately.
I've been trying to get things checked off of my wedding to do list but it's hard to know where to start and what to do when I've never done this and I've got one million wedding inspriation blogs throwing new, cute, pretty whatever ideas at me all the time.
They're helpful but so distracting!
I don't want a magazine wedding. I want a wedding that's US. OUR wedding.
I've said to Ryan that I think I'm going to chill out on the obsessive wedding things googling and maybe even some of my favorite blogs.

On the other hand I LOVE these ideas.
I don't want to look back and think "I wish I would have done that. hmph."
There's so much adivce out there, all these tips on saving money and a bajillion diy projects.

I think maybe I need to take more time to focus on what I want and what Ryan wants.
We have to move a little faster than normal because I'm flying back to Florida in September and certain things need to be decided by then, such as:
- invitations, save the dates ect...
                                                      - date for me to fly back to England (6 months before wedding date)
                                           - exact information about fiance visa application and registrar

I've already started looking around at invitations and prices(ew).
Seriously can people charge that much for invitations?! I can't believe it.
But I need to get them done and the trouble is... I can't get them done unless I figure out what I want!!!!

So... now that I've had another mini wedding planning breakdown.. I'm going to start practicing more yoga.
I'm going to settle myself down with books, tea (but not too much), music and walking.

Thank you to everyone for all of their thoughts, advice and tips for me!!

I will figure it out, eventually. And if I don't then we'll just get married in an empty barn with all the people we love.

That felt good to get out. Anything you'd like to vent to me about?? Go right ahead.

2 comments:

Chelsea Robbins said...

One thing I wish I had done for my wedding....

Make a back drop, set up my camera and tripod and have someone man the camera to take photos of my guests. I wish I had set up a box of dress up hats and costumes/props for people to play with. It's super cheap, and so much fun.

Oh, and I wish I had hired an art student or 3 to take my wedding photos instead of paying 2,700 for a lady who sucked ass. But I'm trying to move past being bitter about that!

Katie said...

we are for sure doing the photobooth w/ fun props.

photographers charge a sht load. we're thinking about asking a friend of a friend who just takes really good photos. but hiring a few students as well might be a good idea to capture alllll moments.

i want to see more pictures of your wedding!