Sunday, November 8, 2009

What are your colors?

That question is going to drive me crazy! I know I've got to have some kind of color palette but I'm having such a hard time commiting to certain colors. I don't want a color themed wedding. I guess I should have thought about that before we started buying wine colored vases. I'll always love that color and I definitely want it in our wedding but I just don't want the place drenched in it. I've been playing around on colourlovers.com where you're able to post an image and it takes colors from that image and give you a bunch of swatches to choose from to make a palette of five colors. I seem to keep choosing the same bunch of colors. A wine color, deep plum, midnight blue, a light pink and a slate grey. They're really not spring colors but I can always choose the light pastel colors that go a long with those, right? I don't really know the rules but they're already annoying.
The photos I put into the colourlovers.com site were similar to the one I put on the galaxy wedding post. I keep going back and staring at them and at how pretty those colors are.

When we chose the barn as our venue I was seeing so many country weddings it was ridiculous. I totally fell in love with that whole look but - we are not country. Don't get me wrong, I love our venue. I just really have to start figuring it out. I'm glad the barn is so bare though. It gives me lots to work with. The stone walls do make me a little crazy. It worries me when I think about decorating.

There it is again!
Can't I just have whatever colors I want? I mentioned that to Ryan and he's afraid it's just going to be a mess of colors. I just dont want to be restricted to a few colors. Ai yai yai!!

8 comments:

Gaynor said...

I think you can have whatever you want, and the ones you have mentioned would look lovely together.

I wouldnt worry too much about the time of year either - we are having deep purple & grey and the wedding is in the spring too!

Chic 'n Cheap Living said...

It's totally your choice.

I am totally with you - love the barn look, but not a barn person. There are always lots of colors that related - autumn hues (red/gold/pumpkin) or spring (pastels of pink, blue, yellow). I will say that having a color(s) does make it easier though!

A.Mountain.Bride said...

holy jesus your venue is sooooo amazing.

when i started wedding planning i DIDN'T want a "rustic" wedding...and I didn't want "colors" - and now that i've been plannign for 4 months: totally rustic details...totally yellow palate. Doy.

Shannon of ** Happiness Is...** said...

Wow that barn is amazing!! I don't think it's too country. It almost looks modern. I think it will be a spectacular space for your wedding. xoxo

Katie said...

thanks so much you guys! guess i'm just going to do my thang.

mina said...

good idea - i think sticking with wedding conventions is overrated. you'll have so much more fun if you just do what you want

....& thanks so much for the well wishes.

anna and the ring said...

Um...yes...now get on with it!!!

The barn is such a beautiful blank canvas. Now work it girl!!

steph@alittlebirdieweds said...

holy shit your venue is awesome!! Don't worry about the colours. One day you'll realize you've already chosen them without knowing it!