Friday, December 4, 2009

Food must haves


There are my lovely enchiladas before they went into the oven. I never have an after picture because I have to inhale them right away (no, not ALL of them but I'm sure I could).

So, after dinner I started thinking about all the things I love to eat that I can't find in England. How embarassing would it be to be searched at the airport and watch them pull out bottles of salad dressing? I also couldn't find decent tortilla chips, alfredo sauce, queso dip...now that I'm typing all of these out I'm thinking maybe I have to actually atempt to make them myself and not rely on a box, a jar and a bottle to have it all there for me. FINE! But friends and family - don't think you're off the hook with those care packages!! Those boxes of macaroni and cheese, triscuts, ramen and ranch bottles really brought me back to the good ol USA.  Everyone needs a box of Hamburger Helper sometimes. My dad actually sent me a ziplock bag filled with Taco Bell sauce packets. "Baby! We're having tacos tonight!"

P.S. Don't get me wrong...I really like the (fresh) foods in England. I cannot wait to bite into the tomatoes.

No comments: