Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Homemade masks

After the last post I decided to post a few more masks. I like these because you don't have to go out and search for weird oils you've never heard of, just go to the grocery store or your kitchen.

Moisturizing/anti-aging Avocado & Honey Mask
Small slice avocado
2 teaspoons honey
Keep the mask on for 10-15 minutes then rinse.

Tightening/brightening Egg Mask 
 2 beaten egg whites - dab on skin (avoid eyes), wait until it's hard/dry then rinse.
Use egg yolks as a natural  moisturizer and wait until it's dry then rinse.

Blemish treating/exfoliating/moisturizing Strawberry & Yogurt mask
2 or 3 small strawberries mashed up
1 tablespoon bio-yogurt
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 teaspoon honey
1 tablespoon oatmeal
Brush the mask onto your skin and leave it on for about 10 minutes or until it's hard. Then massage your face using the seeds and oatmeal as the exfoliators.

Winter Mask for dry skin
1 ripe banana mashed
1 egg white
1 teaspoon honey
2 tablespoons oatmeal
Leave on for 10-20 minutes wash with luke warm water.

Try these totally unflattering masks while your man is out. I know I didn't go into too much detail and explain what does what but just google. There are tons of homemade masks out there. I really need to find a mask for combo skin because my skin won't make up its mind.

Don't forget to do a Hannibal Lecter impression while you've got the mask on!

1 comment:

Chic 'n Cheap Living said...

Aaww thanks for posting Katie! Love the ideas and my mom has used the egg white thing for I don't even know how many years. It's time to carry on tradition I guess.

I need to get oatmeal and honey at home!