Wednesday, February 24, 2010

¡eh!

mayan-ruins

I’ve been packing and tidying for the move the last couple of days. Seems like I’ve been packing and packing and the place still looks cluttered! People are looking at the flat shortly and I’m going to look busy typing away. I can’t wait to get out of here and in our new place. We went for a visit and it’s teeny and cosy. Not enough room for a small housewarming party which I was going to call “La Casa Fiesta!” but enough for a bbq outside when it’s warmer…whenever that is going to be.

I know all I seem to talk about is Mexican food lately but I think crave all the foods I can’t have when I’m here. It’s sad but guess what? Ryan and I have been talking about honeymooning in Mexico! I’ve looked at lots of hotel/resort/spa whatevers and I think I’ve narrowed it down to two. One has everything you can think of and one has nothing at all and is all about relaxing and yadda yadda. Ryan would really be happy with a beach and a …well that’s about it really. He isn’t used to the sun and I prefer to avoid more than 5 minutes of it. I can’t lay out all day long and do nothing, well not on a beach anyway. It just drains me and makes me want to sleep. I think we’ll have to trade off having lazy beach days and exploring days. We’re also thinking of maybe visiting family in the US while were on that side. We’ll see!

3 comments:

Brittany said...

you know I hear Vegas is BEAUTIFUL in June...and its only like 5 hours away from the beach!!

Chic 'n Cheap Living said...

Latin food is my number 1 missed food outside the US! Ooh have fun in Mexico!

Katie said...

Brittany there's no way in hell I'd go to gross Vegas for our entire honeymoon (I used to live there for years for anyone that doesn't know). BUT maybe we can swing by and see you guys. Ryan hasn't been!