Monday, June 14, 2010

Wifey writes pt. 2

So after about five pretty bad melt downs and five cries and cuddles to make it all better…we are married. We had so much help from friends and family the last few days before the wedding. I don’t think we could have made it happen if we didn’t have them around!

To all the brides-to-be….trust me, it will all work out on the day. I cannot stress to you enough that the tiny little things that you’re freaking out about will NOT matter on the day. I know people say this all the time. Everything went so smoothly (aside from a skipping cd and two takes at a huge group photo during dinner). It was seriously the BEST day of my life (so far). I cannot believe how perfect our day was. Happiest girl, ever.

Do not trust the weather man. Friday’s weather said 85% chance of rain. It was the sunniest day in almost two weeks. We had 4 days of nasty weather and all of the sudden the sun was shinning brighter than ever! Thank you thank you thank you.

I had so many moments to myself I’ll remember forever. Like when I was grinning ear to ear dancing with my arms flying around, walking in the playground across the way hearing our guests laughing in the distance to music I love, and just looking at my husband** from across the barn and he’s smiling just as much as I am…even showing teeth! I know he’s reeeeally happy when he has his full smile on.

Sometimes I see movies or shows and think to myself, I am having the best time ever, remember this remember this!!! I never do. I remember saying remember this but I can’t really get back to that memory of …ya know I need a visual. I remember every single part of our wedding. I am sure I’ll remember that day for the rest of my life. It’s my blog and I will brag and yap about how friggen happy and awesome our wedding was for as long as I want! It gets me excited for other brides. You will have the best time! Get married!!! Be in love! Invite your family, your friends and everyone you know! It’s an amazing feeling when you’re so in love and you share these moments with everyone. I felt like we were all connected that day. Deep, I know.

We had so many compliments on the wedding. Yay! That made me even happier. I know people always compliment the couple getting married but these compliments really made our day. I wanted our guests to enjoy the day with us and not just be tortured at another summer wedding.

What else…so many things. We have lots and lots of photos from family and friends and will be getting our professional photos in less than a week but I will post a few. I would post a billion but I already posted a bunch on facebook for everyone.

My blog didn’t start off as a wedding blog and I’m not sure if I’ll continue to be all weddingy because I don’t want to see awesome things I wish I had done and get all bitter, because I probably will. I wish I did this, or that and that and that. It would drive poor Ryan crazy. Lots and lots of people out there don’t know about the whole wedding blogger craze. Isn’t it weird? I kinda want to be one of those people again. We did our thing.

I could write and write and write about it (or type) forever but I’ve still got family here and I’m going to spend some more time with them before they’re gone at the end of the week.

Thanks to everyone that has been along for the ride! :)

here’s another peek (after the dress change)…

30699_396810438962_509273962_4376611_6431750_n

7 comments:

Summer O'Donald said...

OOOOOoooo Katie I told you it would be the best day ever!!! I can feel the excitement and happiness in your post, I love it! Also you can brag all you want, just wait until the kiddies come LOL. Talk about bragging...hahah
xoxoxo
Congrates I bet you looked AMAZINGLY BEAUTIFUL!

Brittany said...

cant cant wait to talk to you...I told you it would be perfect! love you lots and all of the pics on FB are AMAZING :)

Miss C said...

I only just found your blog through Anna! Sounds like you had a wonderful day, I only wish I'd found your blog sooner! Following along with you now though :)

anna and the ring said...

My darling, people don't always mean their compliments. In your case, I know they meant it.

Eeekables, indeed!

Chic 'n Cheap Living said...

Truly pictures of a couple in love (and had a great party.)

Gaynor said...

Sounds like you had a totally fantastic day!

Its so true that its the most fabulous feeling to have everyone around you being happy for you!

Cant wait to see more!

p.s i agree about not listening to the weather man; it snowed a couple of days before ours but thankfully stayed dry on the day!

p.p.s also know what you mean about not wanting to see too many more things you might have wanted to do; think im going to have to limit my blog reading to just personal wedding blogs now, rather than just inspiration sites!

conversationpieces said...

Awwww... I so love this post :D