Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Creepy Tee Pee

Lolita was on last night and as they were bouncing from one motel to another – I saw the Tee Pee Motel. I’ve always wanted to stay in a tee pee. I think it’s what happens when you watch Dances with Wolves 1,000 times.3659790653_e198d794b7The Tee Pee Motel in Texas was built in 1942 then abandoned for over 15 years in the 80’s because the new interstate highway system routed people away from the area.1137954897_653874dba9 Whoa creepy tee pee. In 2004 a couple that won the lotto bought the motel and reopened two years later. I’d probably do the same thing BUT I think I like the look of the overgrown sorta tee pee’s.

You can see the new motel here.

There is a whole world of tee pee spots to stay at though. Thank You, Google. I get pretty creeped out in hotels, motels…or Holiday Inn’s.

 

photos via tee pee motel on flickr

6 comments:

Wren said...

This looks so cool!

and flowers pick themselves said...

i concur: creepy + cool...but mostly creepy.

xo Alison

Kitty Stampede said...

funny i just watched lolita a week ago. i LOVE TEEPEES!! not sure about the concrete variety tho. these are creeped!

Summer O'Donald said...

Oh how I love Lolita!! You know who got me into Lolita???, Aleta! Do you remember ditching class and having her take us all the way to boulder city to go get peanut butter and banana smoothies?!!! LOL, she was so awesome.Or when we would go get breakfast at sunset station with her. lol... I miss times like that.

Katie said...

summer, i was totally thinking of that when it was on. she was awesome. where is she?!

p.s. mom & dad, i have no idea what she's talking about :D

Summer O'Donald said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! I had to check to see if you responded. I have no idea, I remember the last time I talked to her I was about 17yrs old and she was telling me she wanted to go into the peace corps. She was awesome, we thought she was so cool, especially since she was older than us and drived. lol. oh how funny you remember! Such good times.