Wednesday, October 20, 2010

I was girly once.

il_570xN.184866392il_570xN.184872031LOVE the collar. I’m thinking the sleeves are too short for me because they always are. I have long monkey arms. This mauve color has been a favorite of mine for quite a long time. When I was a freshman in high school I wore pink almost every day. So girly. It was like…my thing. I even dyed the tips of my hair pink. A year later I started listening to Sleater-Kinney, Yeah Yeah Yeah’s, other awesome and sad emo stuff and I swore off of pink. Black black black! Jean jacket every day and converse.Then the jacket mysteriously disappeared. I still wonder about that thing. I bet someone was just doing me a favor.

It has been 10 years (wow…) since my pinkaholicness was put to a halt and I still don’t have anything pink…whoa, aside from this huge pink fuzzy robe I’m wearing – thank you Mother-in-law. She recognizes this lack of color in my wardrobe. I do have a pink cell phone that I never ever ever use. That information might be shocking to some.

My Mom (both Mom’s are coming to the fashion rescue here) did buy me the ca-utest black jacket with too short sleeves *tear* that I’m going to try to pretend is supposed to have shortish sleeves. I haven’t worn it yet but I will be in London for the weekend and will try it out there.

 

vintage mauve trench via VerseauVintage on Etsy

2 comments:

Chic 'n Cheap Living said...

Whoa totally lusting after this jacket now. I can't wear it in this climate but still love it.

drollgirl said...

this mauve trench is rad! love it!!!

i wear/have worn a LOT of black. i am trying to mix it up more now, mostly because i am not FORTY DAMN YEARS OLD and i am worried that the black might be a bit harsh against my skin. i am trying harder to find colors that flatter my skin tone. but black is so cool and so easy and so ME, and it is a bit of a struggle to change.

of course i am wearing black as i write this, but also a little CREAM. i am so adventurous. hahahaah