Monday, January 3, 2011

For the salad freaks

3477I have a feeling there are going to be lots of salads being made today as it’s the first day of the week in the New Year. Here is one of my favorite salads and I’ve just made the dressing and popped it in the fridge for later.

Easy Peasy Honey & Lime Vinaigrette
4 teaspoons lime juice
2 teaspoons honey
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 dash cayenne pepper
3 tablespoons vegetable oil

Whisk together lime juice, honey, cayenne pepper and salt. Add oil and whisk until blended. Cover and pop it in the fridge for up to two days. Whisk again before chowing down.

For the salad I just toss dried cranberries, walnuts and goats cheese over spinach leaves. Maybe you’ve tried it before with a strawberry vinaigrette or balsamic, yum.

It may not be the healthiest salad in the world and I’ve never been one to count calories, in fact I wouldn’t even know where to start with all that stuff. I just know that if it’s green, fresh, or colorful – it’s probably good for you. Eat away.

No comments: