Friday, March 18, 2011

Case of the Fridays

Hey everyone! Hope you’re having a good Friday. No links today because if I started I’d go on and on and on and on and…anyway I’ve been constantly linking, pinning and tumbling for days and this is my blog where I used to write about stuff!!!

Wednesday we had a little meeting at our friends house to talk about an adventure Ryan and some friends are going to go on called The Three Peaks Challenge. It’s all for charity and a good excuse to get into shape and feel healthier. I’m going to help with the blog and fundraising. I’m so not climbing or walking or breaking a nail…jk but not really. I’m really excited for him and I’ll post more about it later!

Today my brother left Japan. He is on his way to LA then will end up in Florida with my Dad on Sunday. It’s really nice to know he’ll be away from all the radiation craziness that is going on. He was still feeling aftershocks up until he left. I wrote out a whole sad post about what a stressful time it has been since the earthquake but I’ll spare my blog readers. We are just thankful he is safe and sound and I hope things get better really soon. I know my family is excited he’ll be back in the states but I know how hard he has worked to be able to to stay in Japan. He loves Japan but it’s just not safe right now. I’m sad he has to go but also feel very fortunate that he can. It’s hard being so far away from everyone but we’re planning for a trip to the states at the end of the year.

Tonight we’re going to this tiny fun fair to be 10 again. We went last night but we were too late, they were closing up. I spotted bumper cars, cotton candy (candy floss to the Brits), a spooky walk through maze thing and the usual rickety fair rides. We’re in! It was probably a good thing we showed up late and left because we had just inhaled two pizzas and a calzone. Yum/eeeew.

This weekend we’re going to Bristol to spend time with the in-laws. Weird calling them in-laws but they are lovely!

Have a great weekend and hope you are recovering well from St. Patrick’s Day.

3 comments:

Lara said...

Had no idea your brother was in Japan. Holy cow I'm sure you're relieved!

potpie du monde said...

I am very happy to hear that your brother is safe! The events that occurred in Japan are so devastating and has broken my heart- I hope that people can continue to help make a difference there. I hope you have a great weekend! I just came across your blog and am such a huge fan!

SJ said...

my friend just returned from the three peaks in three weeks challenge! she worked so hard to fundraise all year and it sounds like it was all worth it. impressive to say the least!

and good to hear your brother was able to leave japan safely. i can't imagine how scary it would have been for him.