Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Pancake Day

My husband actually reminds me months ahead of time just in case I forget…how could I? This day is truly a special holiday for him.

I’m hearing tomorrow is Pancake day in the US and I’m already seeing awesome Pancake posts. For us in the UK I’m reading it’s on the 8th. Whichever day you decide is your Pancake day….I’ve gathered plenty of recipes to choose from for pancake lovers of all kinds. Take your pick!

x Cherry Pancakes with Hot Chocolate sauce
x Gluten Free Silver Dollar Pancakes
x Jamie Oliver’s USA-style Pancakes or Nigella’s take on American Pancakes
x Smitten Kitchen’s Oatmeal Pancakes
x Sour Cream Pancakes
x Lemon Soufflé Pancakes
x Piggy Pancakes 
x Nutella Pancakes

I prefer American style pancakes (although I’m more of a waffle or French toast kinda lady) but Ryan loves the crepe-like pancakes with lemon and sugar. They all look and sound good though and it’s fun to play around with pancake recipes. Think out of the box! Let me know which recipe you went for!

3 comments:

emmy said...

Might I suggest trying a sweet bean paste pancake sandwich? Grody, I know but since moving to Japan there's nothing quite like one warming your hands on a chilly day. vote dorayaki

anna and the ring said...

How can pancake day be a different day? Is Easter a different day across the pond?

I'm asking these questions so I don't immediately go and make pancakes!

Summer said...

Oh my! Why is it, that I dont know about this day?

I'd have to agree with you, I'm a French Toast type of gal as well...mmmm butter, with a sprinkle of powder sugar...I mean a BUTT LOAD OF POWDER SUGAR and syrup!

However, that picture of those pancakes you have up make me want PANCAKES!!!! Now I'm extremly hungary.