Friday, May 13, 2011

France: Third time’s a charm

008090127030103036055057120180199193186064This is our third time visiting France. The first time we went to Avignon and saw all the sites. The second time, Ryan (hairy armpit man above) took me to Paris for my birthday and proposed! The third time has been really low key and all about hanging out and spending time with family, we really loved it. I have a whole new respect for parents taking care of babies! Lucy (my sister-in-law) is the Mum of 16 month old Isak who is the SUPER COOL (like Daddy). I could not find his off button anywhere but it’s so fascinating to see him learning right in front of your eyes. We woke up to a lovely coffee and a nice breakfast outside every morning and ended the night with bbq’s and ridiculously yummy sauces (need recipes ASAP). Lucy and her husband Julien are in the early stages of building a house onto their Grandparents house so every time we went to visit we were force fed chocolates, cookies and cakes – darn, right?

I seriously miss it already. It’s so nice to fly away somewhere and bask in the sun, have a little red headed baby running around everywhere and giving you kisses before they go to sleep, have talks outside at night while the peacocks are about (seriously, so strange), hear stories about Ryan and Lucy when they were kids, eat new foods, and just get away.

Writing the list for groceries and you can bet that there is going to be lots of cheese.

1 comment:

Luxembourg said...

This layout is so stellar. How did you manage to make a blog that as smart as it is sleek? I mean, it’s like an Aston Martin --smart and sexy at the same time. I’ve got to say, the layout alone made me come back to this blog again. But now that I’ve read what you’ve got to say, I’ve got to share it with the world