Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Grow my little babies, grow!

015059065072062We just recently upgraded/replanted our plants and they are totally thanking us and growing like crazy. The basil needed a little watering so I gave him aqua, a photo shoot and some lovin. These plants are like our little pets right now. Or maybe I’m just a weirdo?? Could be both. Anyway I don’t know much about plants but I used to just accidently kill them all and now they’re so green and pretty. Anyone have advice about keeping basil?? Not sure if it’s supposed to be growin all wack and wild or what.

So speaking of pets, we’ve been stalking the local dog adoption sites lately and emailing around. It’s time for us and we cannot wait to give one of those guys a home forever. We’re actually still waiting for the landlord to give us permission. If that comes back as a no then I’ll just cry a little and wait some more. Fingers are crossed.

2 comments:

drollgirl said...

lol! love the photos! and love the plant love!

you are having better luck than i have with basil. my kitchen is just too hot to grow it -- it kills it every time. careful watering and mild/moderate temps and some sun (but nothing too harsh), and i bet yours will be fine!

fingers crossed that a dog (or ten) will find a new home with you soon! whee!

Kitty Stampede said...

i know nothing of basil growing but would like to pick some up myself. what a great little photo shoot! pretty.

and GOOD LUCK on doggy shopping. Let the dog choose you. ;)