Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Holidays are coming

Tree Ornament Card - Bird
Couldn’t get over how much I love this photo and Christmas card/ornament. Had to share it!

I’ve already started Christmas shopping and actually have some names crossed off of my list. Since I’ve got family spread all over the world I have to start pretty early. Wait, is this still considered early??

So far the gifts have been half bought and half handmade-ish. I hope can keep it up and not get overwhelmed when December is here. It sneaks up on me every year.

I’ve also been trying to slow time down and enjoy the changing seasons by doing thing like:

x Going to group meditation every week. It helps me remember to stay mindful (similar post here and here) which has been helpful now that it gets dark so early (which promotes my grumpiness!)

x Keep our flat lit up and colorful. Fall scented candles have been growing on me and I’ve also been on the hunt for more colorful artwork for our walls.

x Continue to drink green smoothies and eat colorful foods. It has been hard sticking to this lately as fast food and ordering out are so damn convenient!! Jamie’s 15 minute meals have been helping though.

x Wear vitamin B patches. I’ve never been consistent with taking vitamins and it’s easier to try things like this for me and chewy vitamins…they’re for adults too! I’ve been wearing these for about 4 months and they aren’t miracle mood changers but they seem to give me a little boost (lots more info here). My sister-in-law, Lucy, says you can always replace them with a steak or burger a week for more iron so if you’re not into patches or vitamins there’s always this salad to turn to.

I think it’s important to keep these up around this time of year, especially for myself and the people around me. Christmas isn’t my favorite time of year but it’s growing on me. What am I saying – there’s still Thanksgiving dinner to be made!!!

 

image via Karolin Schnoor on Etsy

1 comment:

jonovan said...

VITAMIN B PATCHES!!!

I need to get my hands on some of those! Want more vitamin B to boost my hair growth lol!